The name of the Fairlie steam locomotive type refers to an articulated locomotive with two motor bogies and steam boilers, each with a smoke chamber and a chimney at the front and rear of the locomotive.
For our G gauge replica at StahlRad we have chosen the model D 99 161, which was built in 1902 as one of three vehicles by the Sächsische Maschinenfabrik in Chemnitz. They were designed for 1000 mm gauge and were operated by the Deutsche Reichsbahn.
- 2 Bühler motors
- Chassis and cabin made of metal
- Water tank and boiler roof are made of material suitable for outdoor use
- Metal boiler door (openable)
- Metal doors opening to the front
- Cast metal fasteners
- Metal coupling rods
- Fully equipped reproduced cockpit
- Two digital smoke generators (available on request)
- Digital decoder ESU 5.0 (available on request)
Lenght (between buffers) 468 mm
Height 180 mm
Wide 128 mm – exact track G
Price*: 2,150 Euro
*All prices include 19% VAT as required by law in Germany. These prices are exclusive of smoke generators, decoders, delivery, packaging and shipping.
Interested in our models?
Feel free to contact us!
StahlRad Gartenbahn UG
Am Osterberg 6
Phone: +49 176 / 82 36 18 34